Immunization is the best way to strengthen our immune system against harmful and infectious diseases which can otherwise prove to be life-threatening. That’s why immunization is highly recommended by professional medical organizations such as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Practice Physicians.
Immunization not only reduces risk of one person but also improves health status of the ones around him. So, everyone in the family should be immunized to prevent outbreak of diseases.
Here are some reasons that will highlight the importance of immunization for your well-being.
- Today we are in the world where it is easy to travel from one corner of the world to another making it easier for the bacteria and viruses to travel too. Thus, people with no vaccination can easily catch the diseases.
- According to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), vaccinations provide lifetime protection against many diseases and infections (including influenza, pneumococcal disease, human papillomavirus, and hepatitis A and B). But people who don’t get vaccinated for any reason are vulnerable to illness and long-term suffering.
- Immunization is a safe and convenient way to prevent diseases and lead a healthy life. It is as important as diet and exercise are needed to maintain our health. Moreover, immunization helps to save a lot of money that will otherwise be spent on expensive medications and treatment.
- US has more number of deaths resulted due to vaccine-preventable infections than HIV/AIDS, breast cancer, or traffic accidents annually. In US around 50,000 adults die every year due to vaccine-preventable diseases. Thus, vaccination can mean the difference between life and death for a person.
- Vaccines are meant to prevent diseases and not to give you the disease. They contain killed virus which makes it impossible to catch the disease from them. Thus, you are on safe side once you have got vaccinated.
- Although infants and the elderly people are more vulnerable to catch infections but even young people can be affected by vaccine-preventable diseases. So, even if you are young and healthy, getting vaccinated will maintain this state for lifetime.
If the whole family gets vaccinated, it can lead to a healthy lifestyle for children, grandchildren and even parents.
Dealing With Immunization Pain
Immunization involves pain and discomfort which is difficult for children and sensitive people to bear. Thus, numbing creams are used to numb the area where the immunization is to be given and thus reduce the pain to be felt and make it easier for the person to get the injection.
Dr Numb is a popular numbing cream used by doctors all over the world to give their patients a pain free experience. Dr Numb contains a powerful anesthetic Lidocaine that too in a safe amount. Its effect lasts for 2-3 hours and helps to avoid pain during the immunization especially for children and elderly people.
You can buy Dr Numb cream from a nearby pharmacy or online. All you need to do is to apply this cream 30-45 minutes before the immunization process. Cover the skin area with a saran wrap and then remove it once you start feeling numbness.